About the DRC
The Development Research Center of the State Council (DRC) is a comprehensive policy research and consulting institution directly under the State Council, the central government of the People's Republic of China. Its main function is to conduct follow-up and advanced study on overall, comprehensive, strategic and long-term issues in national economic and social development so as to provide policy recommendations and advice to the CPC Central Committee and the State Council.
To attract more talents and build up an international first-class think tank, the DRC is seeking for an English editor.
• Take charge of the translation and revision of the DRC English website and China Development Review
• Interpret and translate for officials of the DRC during international exchanges
• Chinese nationality
• Younger than 35 years old (born after Dec 31, 1978)
• Master's degree or above, English major or related field, full-time graduate from a famous university at home or abroad
• Strong ability in interpretation and translation; capable of working in English independently; experience in simultaneous interpretation desired
• Basic knowledge of economics and management, inter-disciplinary background in economics and management is desirable
• Passionate about interpretation and translation, open-minded and professional
Pay and benefits
The employed person belongs to the institution and shares corresponding benefits provided by the DRC Information Centre. Other benefits are negotiable.
• Apply online
Applicants should send CVs, degree certificate, professional qualifications and other relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is Jan 30, 2014.
• Screening of candidates
Candidates will be screened by the Human Resource Bureau and the Information Center. The suitable candidates will be phoned or emailed and invited to take an exam.
The exam will take place in February 2014 to test the candidates' command of English.
• Interview, physical examination and other follow-ups
These matters will be notified in due course. Please pay close attention to our updates.
Contact: Zhu Xianqiang